Google sent its testing tools expert Tom Leung to System 2008 to show attendees how to get more response and make more money by testing their web pages.
In his talk demolished numerous popular "guru" myths:
* Surveying your customers is NOT necessary to make maximum money online
* Putting your opt-in box in the upper right hand corner of your web site does NOT guarantee more opt-ins
* Adding a call-in option does not guarantee increased sales and profits
* Plain links do NOT always generate more clicks than buttons
* Simple A/B testing will give you a bigger return on your investment that complicated multi-variate testing